Here are some things to consider when trying to save money on your print costs, as well as get the biggest bang for your buck.
6 Ways to Save on Printing Costs
- Choose a popular size for the project that will result in a good cut out of the stock. A sure-fire way is to design with an 8.5” x 11” sheet in mind: 4.25” x 5.5” (fits four times on one sheet), 5.5” x 8.5” (fits two times on one sheet), 11” x 17” (uses two sheets), etc.
- Use a standard paper for the project. Your printer can recommend one.
- Don’t call out any special colors for the printed piece.
- If you can get away with only using black ink or any single color, go for it. You can be creative in your design and use solids and screens to create different effects and draw attention to particular areas.
- If the quantity is large, seek a printer that has larger equipment, so that the job can be printed on a larger sheet, multiple up. This will reduce the print time.
- Make sure that your project is completely ready to go to print to avoid changes after the proof that that could result in added charges, not to mention delays. If there are good proofreaders in your company ask them to proof read the job before it goes to the printer.
Interested in finding out more ways you can save money on your print project? Call, email or come on by. We are located in Chatsworth, and service customers in Valencia, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Call us at 818-709-1220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.