Several factors affect the selection of material for a container.
- Product weight and durability
- Box filling method, manual or automated
- End use and shelf life
- Retail requirements
- Paper board thickness
- Grain direction. The strongest scores on a box go against the grain.
- Paper board stiffness. Recycled papers have shorter grains and broken grains which make the board weaker.
- FDA, FTC, and EPA each have regulations and guidelines for consumer products.
These factors are why it’s important to discuss a project during the design and planning phase.
If you’re not sure, get in touch with us at 818.709.1220 to discuss your project and ensure you’re using the right material for the job.
Or submit your job specs here and we’ll review them with you.